So your thinking of getting body contouring / body sculpting treatments to help target those unwanted and incredibly stubborn areas with fat?
If you already booked a treatment with Laser Skin Solutions….Congratulations! Lets make sure you get the most out of the procedures.
Regardless of which body sculpting treatment you are getting in our Portland, OR location, they all have very similar goals. Each treatment damages fat cells in their own way allowing the fat to be flushed from your body through your lymphatic system.
I would love to tell you that getting the treatment itself is all you will need to do, but its not quite that simple…however its not bad either.
Below you will see some pre-treatment and post-treatment steps you can follow to increase the effectiveness of the procedure. While some clients decide not to follow all (or any) of these steps, those that do have the best results. Do what you can and don’t be too hard on yourself if you can’t do it all, not following every step will not ensure a failure of fat lose. Many still lose inches without following them.
Before your Treatment
- Drink lots of water, approximately 64 ounces a day.
- No need to change medications, including diuretics (which increase the flow of urine).
- Refrain from binge eating.
- Do not indulge in alcohol for 24 hours prior to any body treatment.
- Plan your time after your treatment to include the opportunity for 20-30 minutes of exercise as close to immediately after your treatment as possible. The more aerobic the exercise at a higher intensity level, the more you will flush the now liquified fat. please consult with your physician to ensure you are doing so safely.
Day of Treatment
- Drink 24 ounces of water before your appointment– avoid coffee, tea, soda, wine, or beer.
- Refrain from diuretics the day of your scheduled treatment unless prescribed by your doctor.
- Refrain from caffeine products for 3-4 hours prior to treatment.
- Refrain from carbonated beverages for 3-4 hours prior to treatment.
- Enjoy a modest meal but refrain from heavy/large meals prior to treatment.
- Please do NOT attempt to fast (starve yourself) before, during or after your treatment.
- Drinks lots of water (64-84 oz daily)– this is key! If you chose to follow just 1 of our recommendations this is the one.
- Resume diuretics (if applicable).
- Continue to manage your appetite with healthy eating choices– do not increase your normal caloric intake during this high-metabolic state.
- IMPORTANT: Exercise! A large amount of fat is currently processing through your circulatory system. In order to prevent these cells from returning to their normal condition, it is important to “flush” them from the body via exercise (sweat) and water intake. Exercise for at least 20-30 minutes after your treatment to stimulate and help your lymphatic system to remove damaged fat cells from the body. You can and we recommend exercise as soon as immediately after your session. Your normal workout routine is recommended.
- NO alcohol- The less you drink, the more you give your liver the opportunity to focus on flushing the fat.
- Avoid taking in too many carbohydrates. Feel fuller, longer with proteins & fiber.
- No binge eating or “splurging” on high calorie meals – don’t eat away your results!